Sunday, October 12, 2008

CMT; Helper of the Blue Collar Worker

As it is fall break this week, I had the pleasure of, once again, conversing with my family for more than five minutes at a time. My father and I were able to talk for a couple minutes before he was rushing out the door to his job. In this time he was able to convey to me how CMT has helped him. He has written a book and, for awhile, has been looking for a publisher, illustrator, etc. With the recent boost in technology, he has been able to find all of these using CMT.

CMT is now helping out the common, average-working man achieve their dreams that they thought may never come true. My dad has always wanted this book published and CMT has helped him. He has been sending emails to this guy back and forth for awhile. This man has agreed to create the cover of the book along with creating a website for my dad; all for a reasonable fee, of course. Before CMT was available my dad would have been going through phonebooks, calling people up, traveling all over in an attempt to have his dream come true. Now people can just send out an email. If they say “no”, well, move on to the next person. It makes life a little be easier. On the internet you can virtually find any type of person that you may need for the particular project that you are doing.

CMT truly has helped advanced the dreams of the blue-collar worker. Using CMT technology people can attempt to find a publisher for a book they have written as my dad did, attend online courses in order to get a degree to make their life better as we semi-experienced last week, or just get their resume on a website such as monster.com in an attempt to get a better job. Oh, and just as an afterthought, my dad is planning on having a message board on his website to discuss the book or ask him questions. I just found it interesting how something created by CMT communication can lead, and often does, to more intricate CMT communication.

No comments: